RICOH WG-70 - Overview
- Tough construction for shooting in demanding outdoor conditions
- Reliable waterproof construction to assure worry-free shooting at a depth of 14m
- Exceptional shockproof capability; it can withstand a fall from a height of 1.6m
- Crushproof to a pressure up to 100kg
- Coldproof down to –10°C
- 5X wide-angle optical zoom equivalent to 28-140mm in 35mm to accommodate
a wide range of subjects and scenes from landscapes to fast-action sports events
- 16 MP Back-illuminated CMOS sensor and New Imaging Engine, which assure
detailed pictures, excellent high-sensitivity with lownoise characteristics and
high-speed readout of image data signals.
- Full range of mount accessories
The all-weather adventure camera.A rugged chassis you can rely on in the harshest conditions.
Exceptional 14 meter waterproof (up to 2 hours) and 1.6 meter shockproof.
With features that include uncompromising waterproofing—good for two hours of continuous use at a depth of 14 meters—freeze proofing* that ensures operation at temperatures of −10 °C, shock proofing capable of withstanding drops of 1.6 meters, and crush proofing capable of withstanding forces of 100 kgf, this rugged camera can be used in all conditions.
* Battery capacity drops with ambient temperature, reducing the number of pictures that can be taken on a single charge.
- Water proofing: IPX8, JIS Class 8 ● Dust proofing: IP6X, JIS Class 6 ● Shock proofing: Able to withstand drops of 1.6 m/5.2 ft. onto a 5 cm/2 in. thick surface using MIL-Standard 810F Method 516.5–Shock adapted
A rugged chassis ready for the outdoors.
The WG-70 is designed for every imaginable outdoor environment and adds to the experience with features such as Underwater mode for underwater photography, and an Outdoor View setting that adapts monitor brightness to ambient lighting.
Sharp, high-resolution images with 5X optical zoom starting from wide-angle of 28mm*
Enjoy the high-definition image quality offered by a camera with an approximately 16 effective megapixels, a lens with 5× optical zoom starting from a wide-angle of 28 mm *, and image processing incorporating “ultra-high resolution” technology.
* 35 mm format equivalent
Equipped with a chassis featuring the uncompromising water-, dust-, cold-, and shock-resistance so essential for construction worksites, the WG-70 also boasts six LED lamps arranged around the lens to provide lighting for macro photography.
Shoot Movies in Full HD HDMI
While the camera can of course record Full HD (16:9) video at 30 fps, it also offers a High Speed Movie mode for recording slow-motion video and an Underwater Movie mode suited to underwater movie recording. Movie and Underwater Movie modes offer Movie SR (shake reduction), which can be used to reduce the effects of camera shake. Movie editing features within the camera let you split video or create movie stills from selected frames. The camera’s HDMI connector (Type D) lets you display movies on TVs and other devices.
Specifications read more
|Type - Camera Type||
Digital compact camera resistant to water, dust, sand, crash, cold and pressure for movie and photo
|Sensor - Type||
1/2.3" backside illuminated CMOS
|Sensor - Effective Pixels||
approx. 16 MP
|Body - Height||
|Body - Width||
|Body - Depth||
|Body - Weight||
173 g (without battery and memory card)
193 g (loaded and ready)