Pentax K-5 Limited Silver - Overview
- Limited Edition - 1.500 units
- 16.3 Megapixel-stabilized CMOS sensor
- Weatherproof body with 77 independent seals
- Unprecedented noise management, up to ISO 51 200
- 7 fps high-speed continuous shooting
- CMOS-shift Shake Reduction
- SAFOX IX+ AF sensor with 11 selectable points
- Live View on a 3’’ LCD monitor, 921 000 dots
- Full HD Video recording
HOYA CORPORATION PENTAX Imaging Systems Division is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX K-5 Limited Silver. Available in a limited quantity of just 1.500 units, this special-edition model of the PENTAX K-5 lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera comes with exclusive design features, such as an original exterior color scheme and a differently shaped grip.
Differences with standard K-5 version:
1. This special-edition model is finished in a silver color scheme, a design feature requested by many devoted users. The silver tone is meticulously matched with the silver color finish of the high-performance PENTAX FA-Limited interchangeable lens series, and that of the special-edition DA-Limited Silver-series lenses scheduled to be launched in April 2011. The camera’s mode dial, control buttons and levers are all in an elegant silver color. In addition, the “SR” (Shake Reduction) badge placed at the bottom of the front panel is originally designed, with silver ”S” and “R” letters set against a jet-black background. Meticulous attention has been given even to the packaging, which is designed exclusively for this model.
2. In order to improve holding comfort and assure more stable handling of the camera, this special-edition model comes with an exclusively designed grip, which is thicker than that of the standard K-5 model.
3. Shock-resistant, scratch-proof reinforced glass has been used to protect the LCD monitor on the camera’s back panel and the status panel on the top panel, further enhancing the camera’s reliability and durability in demanding shooting conditions and assuring worry-free shooting.
4. The firmware installed in the camera has been upgraded to the latest version (Ver. 1.02). Compatible with large-capacity SDXC memory cards, this firmware has been designed to increase the number of images that can be recorded in RAW-format shooting and during continuous shooting using high-sensitivity settings.
High-resolution, low-noise, true-to-life image reproduction
PENTAX K-5 incorporates a new generation CMOS sensor, combined with the reliable PRIME II Imaging Engine, which produce high-resolution, rich-gradation digital images.
The K-5 also offers a wide sensitivity range, from ISO 100 to 12800, which can be expanded to ISO 80~51200. As the Analog/Digital conversion is done within the sensor, K-5 features an impressive noise management.
Responsive, high-precision autofocus system
The K-5 embeds the same new-generation SAFOX IX+ autofocus system as PENTAX 645D Medium Format camera, which features 11 sensor points (with 9 cross-type sensors in the middle) to assure pinpoint and fast.
K-5's new-generation sensor combined with highly performant autofocus algorithms ensure accurate and quick contrast AF operation during Live View shooting. With the addition of a Golden Section display, the K-5 offers a choice of three different grid patterns to facilitate image composition.
Continuous shooting at 7 images per second
The K-5’s high-speed continuous shooting mode records up to 22 images (in JPEG recording format) in a single sequence at a maximum speed of 7 images per second, allowing you to take sharp pictures of active, fast-moving subjects with great ease.
Recording of Full HD-proportion movies
The K-5 captures beautiful, true-to-life movie clips in 16:9 Full HD proportions at a frame rate of 25 frames per second. This extends many the benefits of high-quality SLR photography to the world of movie shooting. For instance, reduce the depth of field to make a subject stand out, or use different interchangeable lenses to create distinctive visual effects. The K-5 also allowes to add specific visual effects during shooting.
Specifications read more
|Type - Camera Type||TTL autofocus, auto-exposure digital SLR digital-still camera with built-in retractable P-TTL auto pop-up flash|
|Lens - Mount||PENTAX KAF2 bayonet mount|
|Sensor - Type||High sensitivity CMOS sensor with a primary colour filter|
|Sensor - Effective Pixels||approx. 16.28 megapixels|
|Body - Height||97mm|
|Body - Width||131mm|
|Body - Depth||76mm|
|Body - Weight||666g body only, 746g loaded and ready with Li-ion battery and SD card|