PF-65EDAII - Overview
Convenience without compromise for the wilderness
- Lightweight and compact magnesium alloy body, durable, shock-proof rubber housing
- Waterproof and nitrogen-filled to handle the most extreme weather conditions
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) objective lens system combined with lanthanum glass elements
- Fully multi-coated optics reduce glare while providing maximum light transmission and color quality
- 1 1/4" eyepiece (focuser) housing accepts any PENTAX eyepiece from a 20x-60x zoom, to a host of prime (fixed focal length) high-quality PENTAX eyepieces
- Built-in sunshade slides out to prevent glare and flare
- Easy to reach centrally positioned focusing wheel
A compact, high-performance spotting scope featuring a 65mm ED lens and
slanted barrel for outstanding portability and operability
On off-road walking trails you’re often limited in the amount of equipment that you can carry over long distances. The one compromise you do not want to make is in viewing performance – here the PF-65 range is the perfect answer. These spotting scopes were designed with light weight and compact specifications as a high priority. However, you can still expect the best, such as an ED objective lens, SMC lens coatings and a magnesium alloy body.
The PENTAX angled PF-EDAII spotting scope features a 45-degree slanted lens barrel for comfortable viewing in just about any situation. This scope is designed for high-precision outdoor viewing, along with enhanced optical quality which provides truer color tones. With porro-prism optics and a 65mm objective lens with extra-low dispersion optical elements, it delivers sharp, high-contrast images. Viewing in inclement weather won't be a problem as the PF-65EDAII is waterproof and nitrogen filled (JIS Class 6).
Superb Optical Performance
In order to optimize the PF-65EDAII's optical performance, PENTAX made a thorough review of the optical designs utilized in its previous spotting-scope models. It then made improvements to every optical element during the scope's development, including the incorporation of high-resolution ED (Extra-low Dispersion) optical elements in the objective lens. As a result, the PF-65EDAII offers a clear, bright image field in all types of observations and assures outstanding image quality in high-magnification digital photography using a digital camera.
Compact, Portable Design with an 65mm Objective lens
The PF-65EDAII features a compact, lightweight body with a 65mm objective lens to assure outstanding portability and maneuverability in the field.
Slanted Barrel for Superb Viewing Comfort
The PF-65EDAII’s barrel is slanted 45 degrees upwards towards the eyepiece end to assure the most comfortable viewing position, even when the subject is at the top of a tree or high in the air.